Friday, October 9, 2009

Quote, Bonus to blog, Learning Curve, Blog addition, Risk and Grow

I’ve decided to offer you, dear reader, a bonus.What’s that, you may ask?
Each time I post, I’ll include a quote that may or may not directly apply to the subject I’m writing about, but hopefully will be thought provoking or stimulate some insight about learning curves.

Yesterday, I took little nan (my inner child) to her new dentist, for the purpose of getting a new crown. Little nan had met the dentist at her dental check-up a few weeks earlier and the young, energetic, professional was a big hit with little nan.
The first thing that Big Nan remembered to do, was to breathe deeply. She reminded herself to stay present in her body so that she could comfort little nan, when she got squirmy. She also needed to be in the now, because she asked questions of her dentist and dental technician that little Nan was afraid to ask. Big Nan and little nan found out yesterday that things can't change unless they do the footwork and risk doing things in a new way.

Here's the first quote folks...
"To be safe is to be afraid." – Coyote, in a Crow Legend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and ask questions. I love to hear from you. If you need to reach me via email, email at obloggernewbie@gmail.com

Thanks for Visiting

Hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again. Be well. Live well. Lead a colorful life! Warm regards, Nan