Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Jack Kornfield, Selflessness, Sense of Self

Brief and to the point...Wanted to share with you that I'm reading a wonderful novel, Little Bee, by Chris Cleave. The writing and story hooked me from the first sentence which is, "Most days I wish I was a British pound coin instead of an African girl."

Today's quote comes from Jack Kornfield, the author of the book, A Path With Heart. "There are two parallel tasks in a spiritual life. One is to discover selflessness, the other is to develop a healthy sense of self. Both sides of that apparent paradox must be fulfilled for us to awaken."

Enjoy a lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and ask questions. I love to hear from you. If you need to reach me via email, email at obloggernewbie@gmail.com

Thanks for Visiting

Hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again. Be well. Live well. Lead a colorful life! Warm regards, Nan