Monday, November 16, 2009

Little Bee, Chris Cleave, Human Condition

I just finished reading Little Bee, in the large type version. This remarkable novel from British author, Chris Cleave, is the ultimate in fast paced drama,suspense,character development,and entertainment. The writer's story telling ability and vivid characters drew me in and captured my attention from the first sentence on. I have told everyone I know about it and give it a thumbs up, here on my blog.
 At various points in the story, I was amazed, delighted, horrified, and saddened by what I learned or found myself validating about the human condition. I can identify with pieces of all the main characters, seeing my humanity in each. I am now a new fan of Chris Cleave and hope you will be too. I tried to give you an idea of how powerful the writing is without giving away the story. Check it out. It's well worth the effort.
Two quotes today, because both resonate with me.

"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." Mark Twain

"Reality is something the human race doesn't handle very well." Gore Vidal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and ask questions. I love to hear from you. If you need to reach me via email, email at obloggernewbie@gmail.com

Thanks for Visiting

Hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again. Be well. Live well. Lead a colorful life! Warm regards, Nan