Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Affirmations and the Law of Attraction




Ever wish you knew a secret that would help you improve your sense of well-being, and even draw abundance into your life? Stay tuned and I'll explain.

The Law of Attraction is a belief that "like attracts like," and can be applied to your thoughts, both conscious and unconscious. What you think about or dwell on multiples, and colors your emotions, beliefs, and actions. What you project is going to happen in the future, affects how you respond to life experiences. Saying affirmations aloud and using the law of attraction may help even those with doom and gloom outlooks, and convert negative attitudes to much more positive ones.

Wayne Dyer knew this. An excerpt from his book, The Power of Intention, published through Hay House on the Belief net Website explains:



Step 1: See the world as an abundant, providing, friendly place.  

Step 2: Affirm: I attract success and abundance into my life because that is who I am. 
Step 3: Stay in an attitude of allowing. 

Step 4: Use your present moments to activate thoughts that are in harmony with the seven faces of intention: creativity, kindness, love, beauty, expansion, abundance, and peaceful receptivity. 

I agree with Dyer and use affirmations and the law of attraction in my life and work with much success. I have seen others make strides using them and scientific studies show this to be true. 
I notice that as soon as I sit down to create new affirmations, it helps ground, center, and nurture me. Saying affirmations aloud nourishes those vulnerable, tender spots in me that need attention. It also helps me focus on the blessings in my life, and set the intention to aim for the very best that life has to offer. 
Affirmations reinforce our resolve, and suggest those things we want and long for are already manifested in our lives. That's why I write or recite affirmations often... to look at the richness, love, and beauty that already exists in daily living. 
Affirmations are a good way for me to reduce fear of the unknown, doubts, overwhelm, and "not good enough feelings" that come up on occasion. 


Here's powerful affirmations just for you dear readers...


"I learn new things about myself daily, and realize personal growth is a grand adventure."

"My relationships are fluid and rewarding."

"I respect and treasure others."

"Each person I know helps expand my understanding and knowledge of what I want to allow in my life."

"I am emotionally available to others and listen with an attentive ear and open heart."

"I see and appreciate the goodness in each moment." 

"I take time to slow down, meditate, and participate in self-care activities daily."

"I treat myself with lovingkindness every day."

"I take excellent care of my mind, body, and spirit and I live happy and free." 

Take a moment to order Colors of Joy on my Website. It guides you through activities that use the law of attraction. It supplies instructions for composing and using affirmations for self care and life enrichment. 


Purchase Colors of Joy at These Fine Shops

If you're anything like I am, you appreciate knowing affirmations are always available to you. You deserve to feel good, so reserve a few moments to say them. That's why I keep my copy of Colors of Joy handy. It's packed full of self-empowering affirmations that transform thinking. Read what journal owners say about this interactive journal by clicking on the following link and scrolling down to the middle of the page. Colors of Joy.


The Colors of Joy affirmation for Chapter 11 is "I am a wondrous being who nurtures my mind, body, and spirit."

Then, please comment below. Do you use affirmations to help you? Do you have any you'd like to share with me? Please share your concerns, questions, and tips about the law of attraction and affirmations. I love to hear from you. 💖

The quote for today is from Wayne Dyer. "How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours."

This post has been shared at sweet-inspiration-link-party #76


This post has been shared at Thursday-Favorite-Things-307


This post has been shared at NO RULES WEEKEND BLOG PARTY #254!

This post has been updated 7/25/18

8 comments:

  1. Nancy, this is such a great post! I have for a long time believed in the laws of attraction and that we get back what we put out into the world. This is such a good reminder. Thank you for sharing it!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelbee. Have a wonderful day and keep on smiling. It affirms your happiness.

      Delete
    2. Hi Nancy,
      This is a very good article. I do believe in affirmations are a positive and good thing. I practice it myself daily. One I try to do is - "I will not let other people and their actions continue to hurt my heart!"
      I do agree with the law of attraction to a certain degree. I bought the CD a number of years ago and listened to it several times. What I don't agree with is
      that we have total control over everything that happens to us and what ever we want we can have. I find using affirmations for material things in my eyes not right and even greedy plus we cannot all be wealthy as the Law of Attraction suggests and we can't always have everything we desire. I find this to be greediest. There are things in life that we cannot control and God has the final word in what happens. He also as plan for our life but at the same time we do have choices and those choices determine what happens in our life to a certain degree. I also believe that positive thinking and affirmation are a great way to help us meet goals and be healthier but we can be the most positive person in the world and get cancer or other diseases.
      Anyway that my take on the Law of Attraction and thank you for the excellent article which I will share. Have a healthy, happy & blessed day!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Marla. Appreciate and respect your opinion. Wishing you a healthy, happy, and blessed day as well.

      Delete
  2. Nancy,
    I have experienced great results using affirmations, visualizing, and law of attraction. But I get lazy and don't always use these helpful tools. I guess it's like going to the gym- you have to do the workout! Thanks for a great article and reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Judee for your comment. I know exactly what you mean when you write "it's like going to the gym- you have to do the workout!" I affirm this often: "I have the determination to stay healthy and happy." I wish you a great day, including the determination to do whatever it takes to maintain health and happiness.

      Delete
  3. Hey Nancy, I have just started using affirmations in my daily life - I try to do them twice a day in the morning and at night, however I haven't experienced any great results?? Do you know why this could be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEar Leah, Perhaps this is an opportunity for you to work on patience. The results of affirmation recitation may not be immediately apparent. I notice when I try to change habits that no longer serve me well, what usually happens is that the new behavior works below the surface. One day I finally realize my mood and thinking has improved. I suggest you treat yourself kindly, say affirmations daily, and you’re bound to attract more positive energy to you. An additional idea is to purchase my self-care journal. It’s a 12 week program that uses colors, journal writing, affirmations, and reflection to raise self-awareness and joy. Link to the journal is http://www.nancyandreswriter.com/colors-of-joy/ Thanks so much for your comment and Happy New Year.

      Delete

Please comment and ask questions. I love to hear from you. If you need to reach me via email, email at obloggernewbie@gmail.com

Thanks for Visiting

Hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again. Be well. Live well. Lead a colorful life! Warm regards, Nan