Thursday, July 26, 2012

Eerie Sky and Humility, Mother Nature and My Nature

Eerie sky. Monsoon threatens. Earlier today, while briskly walking outdoors, I pondered the power and changeability inherent in nature. Then, I was reminded that coping with mother nature is a metaphor for how I might improve my relationships to those things I can't control.

I am at choice today to get bent out of shape when a storm washes away my plan to have a picnic, my computer breaks down, someone is late for an appointment, or other people, situations, or circumstances don't act the way I think they should.

I can get angry, feel resentful, or take things personally. However, for today, I skip down the higher road. This choice allows me to opt for peace, equanimity, and well-being.

Dear reader-when you are at a crossroads and are perplexed about whether to choose conflict or peace-what guides you to walk on the higher path? Please comment (by clicking on the white envelope under this post) and explain what helps you to put things into perspective. Does being in nature nurture you and replenish your spirit? If so, does it help you tread more lightly when dealing with yourself and others?

 Hope you make the best of your day, whether the sunshine springs out from behind the clouds or it rains so hard it reaches the top of the reservoir.

The quote for today:  "Nature is so powerful, so strong. Capturing its essence is not easy-your work becomes a dance with light and the weather. It takes you to a place within yourself." Annie Leibovitz, photographer

In Peace & Health, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and ask questions. I love to hear from you. If you need to reach me via email, email at obloggernewbie@gmail.com

Thanks for Visiting

Hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again. Be well. Live well. Lead a colorful life! Warm regards, Nan