Sunday, February 5, 2012

Free Time, Leisure, How can I relax and renew?

I like to be productive and thrive on activities that create order and enable me to complete projects at work, home, and in my personal and social life. That being said, today I want to take a break from "doing" to relax, restore my spirit, and just loaf. However, this is a challenge for me. My underlying work ethic tells me to keep on pursuing my goals, striving to fulfill my obligations, and proceed with whatever tasks I think are on my plate for the day. Luckily, an inner knowing I call my wise woman, tells me to take time to look at the clouds, savor a moment of stillness, and breathe.


The quote for today came from www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/free-time.
Perhaps my writing and the quote will encourage you to free up some time to write back to me. I'm interested in learning what things help motivate you to create space to relax.


“It has occurred to me that the thing you have, that all men have enough of, is perhaps the thing that you care for the best, and that is your leisure - the leisure you have to think; the leisure you have to be let alone; the leisure you have to throw the plummet into your mind, and sound the depth and dive for things below.”
― James A. Garfield, The Works Of James Abram Garfield

In Peace & Health, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and ask questions. I love to hear from you. If you need to reach me via email, email at obloggernewbie@gmail.com

Thanks for Visiting

Hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again. Be well. Live well. Lead a colorful life! Warm regards, Nan