Monday, October 12, 2009

How to use a "Break", laughter, blogger on and off time

Hi Readers,

Happy Columbus Day as well as a rousing Happy Monday. I'm back at my computer after a few days off. A dear relative came for a visit and my husband and I played host and hostess as well as tour guides. We went out fun-ing at the Patagonia, AZ Fall Festival and Nature Conservancy on Saturday and our community fair on Sunday. Both fairs had lots of arts'n'crafts, trinkets, music, ethnic and regional foods, and tons of people. It was great being outdoors in perfect weather and sharing the day with loved ones.

Before I go any further, here's the quote for today. "You grow up the day you have the first real laugh at yourself." Ethel Barrymore. I'll write more about this after the "break," as I need to practice using the "break."


Yes. It worked. For those who don't know, there's an icon up at the top of the blogspot post composing space that looks like a sheet of paper with a chunk taken out of the middle. This area has jagged edges that run horozontially and looks exactly like a break.
Now on to my pondering.

I agree with Ethel Barrymore (Oscar winning actress for None But the Lonely Heart in 1944), who was born August 15, 1879 and died June 18, 1959. Laughing at myself means that I choose to take what I do or don't do less seriously. Well, at least treat myself kindly so that I don't feel shame and am motovated to improve my lot, stick with it, and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and ask questions. I love to hear from you. If you need to reach me via email, email at obloggernewbie@gmail.com

Thanks for Visiting

Hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again. Be well. Live well. Lead a colorful life! Warm regards, Nan